Gloria is currently available to teach workshops, choreography, private lessons, and semi private lessons. More details on pricing is available on her "Bookings" page. See below for more about Gloria's teaching philosophy and contact her directly for further information.
Multi-Disciplinary/Multi-Cultural Instructor, Private lessons to classes of 100+ students, 2004 – Present
Instructor – Teacher of Classical/Latin/Ethnic/World/Folk/Urban Dance and Music forms. Fitness classes consisting of Pilates and applied anatomy. Teacher of performing arts wheel. Curriculum includes, technique, expression, dance terminology, choreography, etiquette, musicality, cultural context and history. Instructor to students of all ages from diverse socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
Representative Instruction 2007 – Present
- Dance Instructor - UCSD Rimac Arena, Spring 2016 - Present (La Jolla, CA)
- Math In Motion Dance Teacher - Malashock with SDUSD, Winter 2016 - Present (San Diego, CA)
- Dance Faculty and Choreographer – Ooh La La Dance Academy, 2012 – Present (La Jolla, CA)
- Invited Guest Lecturer – SDSU Imperial Valley Campus World Music in Contemporary Society, Summer 2014 - 2016 (Calexico, CA)
- Guest Faculty and Choreographer – San Diego School of Creative and Performing Arts, 2007-2016 (San Diego, CA)
- Guest Choreographer - Bonita High School, Fall Semester, 2015 (Otay, CA)
- Dance Consultant - Sunset View Elementary School, Fall 2014 - Spring 2015, (San Diego, CA)
- Invited Guest Teacher – Inner City Arts, Spring 2014 (Los Angeles, CA)
- Guest Choreographer - Southwestern College, Spring 2014 (San Diego, CA)
- Master Class Instructor – Southwestern College, Winter 2014 (San Diego, CA)
- Master Class Instructor – Grossmont Community College, 2011 and 2013 (San Diego, CA)
- Chosen Guest Faculty – National High School Dance Festival, 2012 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Dance Faculty and Choreographer – Academy of Performing Arts, 2009 – 2012 (La Mesa, CA)
- 6 to 6 Instructor – King Chavez Academy, 2007 (San Diego, CA)
- Adjunct Professor – University of San Francisco de Quito, 2007 (Riobamba, Ecuador, South America)
- Guest Faculty and Choreographer – Jefferson High School/ABC Institute, 2007 (Riobamba, Ecuador, South America)
Fluent in both English and Spanish. Beginner Arabic.
Gloria has experience teaching all ages and levels. The video to your left is from a modern dance workshop for Bellydancers. Gloria has been invited to teach more Dance Movement workshops internationally in the near future.